Santa Catalina Island or Santa Catalina Insel is the name of the rocky island off the coast of the U.S. state of California. This one is 22 mi or 35 km long and 8 mi or 13 km across at its greatest width. It is located about 29 mi or 47 km south-southwest of Long Beach, California.
Santa Catalina Island offers a variety of land based activities for all tourists of all ages and interests to enjoy. Some of the things available are golf cart rentals, bicycle rentals, walking and hiking trails, camping, zip lining, shopping, historic tours, scenic city tours, day spas and tours of the vast interior lands of the island where bison roam free.
There are some tours that you can consider while you are in Santa Catalina Island. Here is the list of the tour.
1. Catalina Island Scavenger Hunt Adventure: With the guide from your phone, your group will have to solve clues while exploring well known and hidden gems of the city.
2. Catalina Island Undersea Expedition: This one is one of the most favorite as it will be able to see the amazing marine life of Catalina from under the water. There is the 45 minute cruise that will take you five feet under water. When you pass through the cove, the deckhead will tell the interesting stories and even feed the fish.
3. Catalina Island Ocean Runner Adventure: This one will take you out into the Catalina Channel on the high speed Ribcraft, the same boat that the Navy SEALs use. With this service, you will be able to see dolphins and sea lions.
4. Catalina Food and Walking Tour: This one is a 3 hour long tour. Basically, the small group will walk around Catalina Island and sample good foods from six locations and get the feel for the history and architecture of the island.
5. Catalina Island Day Tour: You can take a day trip from Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Venice or Marina Del Rey. By joining this trip, you will be able to see the wildlife, buffalo, vegetation learn about the history of the island.
6. Catalina Island Zipline Eco Tour: This one is a day trip from Anaheim or Los Angeles via ferry. It takes you over the hills and canyons near Avalon. The tour will stop at eco stations to learn more about the island and its eco history.
7. Catalina Island Helicopter Tour: This one is one of the most favorite ways to see the beautiful island. You will be able to see the amazing views of blue waters and mountains with amazing photo opportunities, pilot commentary, history and points of interest.
How to get to Santa Catalina Island? There are a lot of options to get there, including taking a private boat to Avalon Harbor, flying on the Island Express helicopter to the city of Avalon, or booking the private flight into the Airport in the Sky. However, using the Catalina Island ferry is the most favorite thing.